Sunday, October 31, 2010

Purple and Magenta Merino with Silks

Luxury Merino and Silks
This purple and magenta hat is made from pure Merino wool which gives it a soft, luxurious feel.    The lavender flower is of hand dyed tussah (wild) silk with a freshwater pearl sitting in the center. Hand dyed curly locks accent the flower.

The hatband and poof are hand ruched dupioni silk (silk shantung). 





Selections of my hats are available at Edenside Gallery in Louisville and at Anne Sawyer (Hats) in Lexington. Others may be purchased directly from me. For purchases, special orders or questions, please e-mail me. My email: mailto:marylarue@bellsouth.net

2 comments:

  1. This beautiful hat photographed wonderfully!! I love the way the light makes the silk change color! Your explanation of materials really enhances the quality of the hat and the process of making the hat. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely unbelievable - these hats are so beautiful they leave me breathless. You have created masterpieces for the hat world! I am your newest follower because I absolutely must know when you create new hats!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete