Friday, October 8, 2010

Black with One Curly Locks Flower


Flower and Leaves on Black
Once again, I have made a flower using Billy's beautiful curly locks. 
In the center is a curl of hand dyed locks, three small pieces of turquoise and a 9 mm freshwater pearl.

The leaves are highly textured.  For these, I used several types of wool including dyed curly locks to achieve a pebbled effect.
 









Selections of my hats are available at Edenside Gallery in Louisville and at Anne Sawyer (Hats) in Lexington. Others may be purchased directly from me. For purchases, special orders or questions, please e-mail me.
My email: mailto:marylarue@bellsouth.net
My blog: http://marylaruedesigns.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. This is Fabulous! Black with a white edge is wonderful, love the one soft flower in the front and love the color change. Very delicate. Very nice detail on the back with the V split! Your attention to detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that I love the leaf colors and the pebble effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is so beautiful! Do you ever do any type of online classes teaching your technique? Please add me to your newsletter and if you ever have a class and pricing, please send to me. I would so join and signup. sweetkjodesigns@aol.com

    ReplyDelete