Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sepia Pillbox with Billy's Curly Locks

Curly Locks from Shepherdess Marlene's Billy

These exquisite curly locks make a simple pillbox into a hat with a special appeal.  The locks come from Marlene H., a shepherdess in Pennsylvania, who hand-barbers the locks from her sheep Billy. 

Last winter, I used them to decorate what turned out to be one of my favorite hats.  (A picture is included at the end of this post.)   Billy must be a beautiful sheep.




There are a few small, light blue locks scattered among the white ones and a few small blue glass beads also, adding just a hint of color.  The blue ladybug adds a bit more.












Last Winter's Black Hat with Billy's Curly Locks


Beginning in mid-September, a selection of these hats will be available at Edenside Gallery in Louisville. Others may be purchased directly from me.  For purchases, special orders or questions, please e-mail me.
My email: mailto:marylarue@bellsouth.net
My blog: http://marylaruedesigns.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I love your new Sepia pillbox with Billy's curly locks!! what a great look! What a great idea to put a hint of blue in there, keeps it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely hats. I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete