Saturday, December 11, 2010

Black with White Flowers and Pink Centers

Three Flowers from Billy's Locks

Once again I have used those wonderful locks hand-barbered from the sheep named Billy to make flowers for a wool hat.  Most of the flowers are made from Billy's natural color locks but each center contains a piece that I have died a peachy pink.

There is a large freshwater pearl in the center of the middle flower and medium sized pearls in the centers of the other two. 

A peach/pink ladybug and leaves add interest to the back. 

Selections of my hats are available at Edenside Gallery in Louisville and at Anne Sawyer (Hats) in Lexington. Others may be purchased directly from me. For purchases, special orders or questions, please e-mail me.
mailto:marylarue@bellsouth.net
My blog: http://marylaruedesigns.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. In my head I had commented already! Here is what I said. I like the softness of the billy curls and the different shades of peachy pink on the flowers. Also like the little split on the back of the hat! Nice detail. You are so good with all the details that go into making the hats! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete