Friday, October 8, 2010

Chartreuse with Small Brim

Autumn Chartreuse
 
 
This latest chartreuse and black hat has a smaller brim than previous ones and three flowers instead of four. 

This slightly different shape changes the look, making it, perhaps, a little less formal than the larger versions. 
  
The flowers are wool and  merino wool roving with accents of hand dyed curly locks.  The centers are 9 mm freshwater pearls.

Selections of my hats are available at Edenside Gallery in Louisville and at Anne Sawyer in Lexington. Others may be purchased directly from me. For purchases, special orders or questions, please e-mail me.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one too! the smaller brim is nice. Love your needle felting and the design on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the colors in my grandmother Mary LaRue's house in East Texas. My family is descended from the LaRues in LaRue County, Kentucky. Don't know if you are near there, but I love your hats, and your name! :D My Mary loved handwork and sewing also. Great work, Mary.

    ReplyDelete