Thursday, August 5, 2010

More Hats Made This Spring and Summer

Chartreuse Splash


It's a surprise to me that so many people like chartreuse but I do hear it quite a lot.  So here's a hat for anyone who likes to make a statement and a bold entrance. 

Below is my Storm and Moss hat made with DK weight 100% Merino wool yarn.  This makes a hat that is light in weight but warm and very soft to the touch.  I give all of my hats a rinse in either fabric softener or cream rinse so they are all soft.  But the type of wool always makes a difference and Merino is wonderfully soft with or without a rinse.  To me, this hat has an Edwardian feel.

This is the first hat that has a ladybug on the back.  Now I'm making ladybugs for all of my hats, at least for the rest of this year.
Storm and Moss

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The color is so rich & exciting. You are an artist!

    ReplyDelete