Monday, August 30, 2010

Black & White, Flowers & Pearls Hat

Black & White, Flowers & Pearls

This black & white hat is made with a wool that produces a lovely halo effect after it's fulled (felted).  In the center of the three large flowers are 9mm freshwater (cultured) pearls.  There are smaller freshwater pearls in the centers of the other flowers.

Since the average woman's head size is between 21" and 23", one hat size does not fit all.  Commercial hat makers generally seem to make sizes on the smaller side.  Consequently, I've heard a number of women say that they have a 'big head' and have a hard time finding
hats that fit.  With a head size of 22 1/4", I'm one of those.  To accommodate the differences in head sizes, most all of my hats are made with a good measure of stretch.  In addition, most can be stretched permanently for larger head sizes.

Beginning in mid-September, a selection of my hats will be available at Edenside Gallery in Louisville.  Others may be purchased directly from me.




For purchases, special orders or questions, please e-mail:  marylarue@bellsouth.net
My blog: http://marylaruedesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment